Mount Logan Middle School
Personal Electronic Device Use Policy
Following Logan City School District policy, Mount Logan Middle School is implementing a new personal electronic device use policy. This policy permits students to use their personal electronic devices before and after school, during passing times and during lunch.
- Personal electronic devices must remain out of sight and turned off or in silent upon entering classrooms and throughout the duration of class time unless instructed by a teacher to use for class related purposes.
- If a teacher gives permission for the use of a personal device for classroom communication, research, note taking or recording; that is the sole purpose to which these devices should be used during class time.
- When listening to a personal electronic device, ear buds must be used instead of over the ear headphones.
- When listening to a personal electronic device, only one ear bud may be used at a time when on school property unless different instructions are given by a teacher within a classroom.
Students may use their electronic devices:
- Before the 8:40 AM bell Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Before the 9:50 AM bell on Wednesday.
- During passing time between classes.
- During lunch in the cafeteria, commons area and the designated outdoor cafeteria area.
- After School
- With teacher direction for instructional purposes.
Students may not use their electronic devices:
- To take inappropriate, illicit, embarrassing or sexually explicit photos, videos or recordings.
- To take photos, videos or recordings in a locker room or restroom.
- During class time, unless instructed by a teacher to do so.
Students found violating district electronic device policy, MLMS Responsible Use Policy or the MLMS Personal Electronic Device Use Policy may lose their electronic equipment privileges and may have personal electronic devices confiscated and delivered to the office. If a student's device is confiscated for misuse, it will be returned to student after an administrator has been able to visit with student and/or parent. Repeated violations may lead to loss of personal electronic devise use at MLMS.
Please note, MLMS does not require personal electronic devices to be brought on campus by students for instructional purposes. When on campus, a student’s personal electronic device is the sole responsibility of the student. MLMS will not be held responsible or liable for damage, loss or theft of a personal electronic device. We, therefore, encourage parents/guardians to discuss with their students whether or not they permit electronic devices to be brought to school. Should a parent/guardian elect for their child to bring any electronic device to school, we request that parents/guardians review the rules for which their child may bring and use such electronic device found in this document and the MLMS Responsible Use Agreement found on the MLMS website.